The CX Africa Experts
Customer Service Week
Customer Service Week (CS Week) is an international event celebrated annually during the first full week in October when customer-oriented organizations and institutions around the world recognize the importance of customer service excellence to their organizations.
What is the
Customer Service Week
Customer Service Week has been celebrated in the United States since the late 1980s. In 1991 the U.S. Congress proclaimed it a nationally recognized event. Customer Service Week celebrations have since spread across the globe and in 2016 the Week was celebrated in all 50 U.S. states and 60 countries. The range of organizations participating is equally broad, including leading financial, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, retailing, hospitality, communications, not-for-profit, and educational organizations, as well as government agencies, and others.
We are the Africa CX Experts
Why should my Organisation Celebrate
It provides a unique opportunity for service and support professionals around the globe to join in a celebration of the important role that customer service plays in every organization.
The five core goals of the Week are:
- Celebrate front-line staff who are the flag bearers of the company.
- Thank customers for their loyalty.
- Remind your team of the need to be a customer-centric organization.
- Tell your customer service success stories.
- Renew your dedication to service excellence.
Listening to the Voice of the Customer
Improving employee experience
Our customer service bill of rights.
From multi-channel to an omni-channel approach
Celebrating Customer Service best practices.
How to Celebrate the week
Here are some ideas your team can select from on how to celebrate the CS week.
- Create awareness within your team on the customer service week. Why it is important to celebrate and how your organization shall be observing the week.
- During the week, decorate the front store or offices to let the customers know you are celebrating them and those who offer tireless services towards them.
- Put on customer service week t-shirts, face caps, pins or gadgets to create awareness about the week.
- Send thank you messages and emails to customers.
- Appreciate your team for the efforts they are putting in place to serve the customers.
- Thank other stakeholders within the supply chain who make it possible for your team to serve the customers well.
- Share candies, gift cards and other gifts to customers as they visit the store throughout the week.
- Management team should join the front-line staff in receiving customers to show the dedication of management to customer experience.
- Recognize your team members for their service and dedication. Genuinely identify outstanding behaviors and dedication to good service and recognize these efforts.
- Present certificates of appreciation to individuals, departments and groups that have significantly contributed to improving the level of service offered to customers.
- Use each day of the week to reflect on the theme for each day. Begin with a kick off meeting; identify where the organization is, what challenges faced and what can be done to become a customer centric organization or to maintain the standard.
- Teach by example. Let the team brainstorm on how to improve the level of customer experience and put the solutions to practice each day during the week.
- Get back office staff to spend some time in the front office to get a feel of service at the front desk and share experiences.
- Perfect time to remind your team and your customers of your customer bill of rights. If you do not have one, create your own customer bill of rights and display this for the customers to see.
- Create a customer service code of conduct. A list of desirable behavior you expect from your team members in view of ensuring consistency in customer service delivery.
- Organize an event for your customers and together with your team celebrate the customer and the team.
- Share the customer service week celebrations on your social media handles and join the world in celebrating the customer service week. #CustomerServiceWeek #CSWeekAfrica